Before we get into giving you mouth-watering recipes for Ubatuba’s Health Foods, it is important that you know how to use them and why we use them to promote health Beyond Basic Nutrition.
At Ubatuba, we love to energize and hydrate the body in a healthy way. Our tea and smoothie formulas are hydrating, high in antioxidants and vitamins, perfect for your better-for-you treats and creating healthy habits throughout the day.
That being said, drinking tea and smoothies without an understanding of how to build them properly will only magnify any health issues you currently have. That’s why it is important to understand what goes into a smoothie and why. Our functional Health Food smoothie and tea recipes digest more slowly and allow you to obtain the full benefits of the nutrition in a delicious drinkable form. Here’s our advice:
One of our favourite ways to use Ubatuba’s functional Health Foods is as Tea supplements. If you are tired of the boring, standard green or black tea you can add 5g of Acai, Kakadu Plum or Guarana to your tea. This will accomplish two things:
1. Give your tea a unique taste and look worthy of a Facebook/Instagram post.
- Try 5g of Kakadu Plum added to any tea or hot water for a citrus twist when feeling flu symptoms and you know you can’t avoid a day off.
- Try 5g of Acai added to any tea or hot water for a fruity flavour after a big day and need to recover fast.
- Try 5g of Guarana added to any tea or hot water for a nutty kick when lacking energy and want stay on point throughout the afternoon.
2. Second, it will naturally fortify your tea with Antioxidants, Vitamin C and an all important energy boost. This is how many of our products were traditionally used and having been tried and tested for over millennia, you can rest assured, they work!
1. Always blend your smoothies, never juice. Blending smoothies means you are breaking down the cellulose fiber in the fruits and vegetables, which makes them easier to digest ensuring your body absorbs all the essential nutrients.
2. Use fruits from the sour and bitter fruit families such as Ubatubas Acai, Kakadu Plum (sour), Cacao and Guarana (bitter). These fruits do not contain high amounts of fructose and therefore do not exasperate any sugar related health problems you may have.
3. Use a healthy, organic forms of fat, like avocados, hemp seed oil, flaxseed oil, ghee or coconut oil. These add flavour and create that thick consistency we all love in a smoothie. Fats also help keep your body feeling satisfied longer.
4. Try a small amount of a nuts or seeds or even a spoonful of any nut or seed butter . These give a nice texture and flavour to your yummy one-of-a-kind Smoothie creation.
The Ubatuba Kakadu Plum Tea
Elliot Holgate one of our founders, swears by this recipe for a complete and rapid cure to the common cold. He says that within 48 hours of having this tea 3x a day, he is absolutely, 100% flu symptom free.
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of Manuka honey
- 1 tsp of Ubatuba Kakadu Plum
Very Easy! Add the lemon juice, manuka honey and Ubatuba Kakadu Plum to a large teacup. Fill it with not quite boiling water (preferably around 80C). Stir until consistent and enjoy.
Acai Smoothie Bowl
Acai bowls have become famous around the globe for both their great taste, reminiscent of wild berries, red wine and chocolate and for their natural antioxidant power. Ubatubas Acai bowl is constructed in a way that allows you to easily absorb all the active ingredients found within the Acai berries. By combining the proper vegetables, fruits and fats Ubatuba has created a delicious on the go breakfast or snack that will help you anti-age the natural way.
- 1 tbsp Ubatuba Acai
- 1 banana
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 2cm stick of celery
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any liquid of your choice
- 1 handful of mixed berries
Top with your choice of sliced strawberries, banana and/or mixed berries, granola and nuts
Very easy! Blend everything together except what goes on top.
Guarana Mental Boost Tea
Mental clarity is hard to come by these days but with Ubatubas Guarana Mental Boost Tea, you can achieve this in a simple, natural, healthy way. Guarana was traditionally, used by indigenous tribes from the Amazon Rainforest to heighten focus during long hunting journeys. While you might not need to stay focused for days tracking down your dinner through one of the worlds most remote ecosystems, it does help for studying or any task that requires heightened awareness.
- 1 tsp Ubatuba Guarana powder
- 1 tsp Manuka honey
Very Easy! Add the Ubatuba Guarana powder and Manuka honey to a large teacup. Fill it with not quite boiling water (preferably around 80C). Stir until consistent and enjoy.
Cacao Chocolate Milkshake
Didn’t ever think you could drink a Chocolate Milkshake again? Checkout our Cacao Chocolate Milkshake recipe with the one of the highest plant based sources of Iron and Magnesium. There’s no guilty feelings, just healthy habits and happy times. Fun Fact! The ancient Mayans held sacred Cacao ceremonies where Cacao was drunken to open the peoples hearts and minds. See if you feel more open after drinking one … science is actually proving Cacao has the ability to promote happiness and contentment so you might be surprised.
- 2 tbsp (10g) of Ubatuba Cacao powder
- 1 cup of your choice of milk
- ½ an avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of almonds
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ a cup of ice
- Add something like maple syrup, stevia or dates to sweeten.
Very easy! Blend everything together.
Add raw Cacao Dark Chocolate pieces to the top of your milkshake if you like a crunch.
Join the movement
Pop your details below and begin making the world a healthier, fairer place to live. You’ll also receive insights on the latest in the natural health, the environment & indigenous cultures.